more fc6 installation blues

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sun Dec 24 19:33:47 EST 2006

> I'm curious about two things and should maybe be curious about more.  For
> anyone else having installation problems with this distribution, what
company made your computer and what model is the computer?  The second
> thing I'm curious about is are you using any kind of drive sled which
turns your hard drive into a removeable hard drive? The last check I ran
using sha1sum -c SHA1SUM only complained that it couldn't find the dvd
> image and said all other files were okay.

My computer was put together at the store.  I don't know what companies made
its parts.  An assembly program I copied from a book told me that the
processor is genuine intel.

It does not have a drive sled.  It has one hard drive, and I've try my
installs with either images in a partition on that drive or from CD's.  All
the images I used for these attempts passed the sha1sum test without any
warnings, and almost all the CD's burned from many of them passed both that
and the media check that kicks in early in the installation process.

I hope I've addressed what you're looking for.

Al