more fc6 installation blues

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Dec 25 18:03:21 EST 2006

Albert, thanks much information you provided has provided as many useful
answers as you could possibly provide. The cmos header information may
provide you with some more useful information.  If you get a Linux
installed or try again with some form of fc6 speakup disks maybe try using
acpi=force as one of the boot parameters.  It could be an old acpi is
being blocked from running by default and acpi=force will clear that and
maybe give fc6 a little more information.  Perhaps using lapic as another
boot parameter may improve a few things too.  As an alternative apm=on
might be tried to substitute for acpi=force in boot parameters.  If a
system does install you may be able to read cmos information at the top of
/var/logs/dmesg and if the cmos information has something else to say
other than intel I'll not be surprised.  My cmos information identifies
this machine as a Dell.  You could get the name of the computer store
where you bought the machine but I don't know.