more fc6 installation blues

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Dec 24 13:09:23 EST 2006

I'm curious about two things and should maybe be curious about more.  For
anyone else having installation problems with this distribution, what
company made your computer and what model is the computer?  The second
thing I'm curious about is are you using any kind of drive sled which
turns your hard drive into a removeable hard drive? The last check I ran
using sha1sum -c SHA1SUM only complained that it couldn't find the dvd
image and said all other files were okay.  I could sacrafice myself and
download the dvd image too and do the checks again and then try another
burn and install.  I'll try a burn and install before I do that download
though and on another system other than this Dell.  If that succeeds
though it points at sha1sum modifying isos if it runs into a warning or
error exit status.  That would be very bad news and I'm running this from
debian right now.  I will be very surprised if an install does succeed
only as a result of me downloading the dvd image though.