Speakup and slackware v 11

randy turner rturner222 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 13 17:57:44 EST 2006

i had a simular problem with my old litetalk but it would start speaking
after a minute of waiting.
just to see if it will work you might want to try the bns driver
how old is your transport?
can you get it to work in just plane dos?
you might have someone run the command dmesg
to see if linux shows to have a com1 port
if it does it will showup as ttyS0
com2 showsup as ttyS1
another question is, do you have to load
anything before speakup before the transport will work?
i don't have a transport so i am assuming that it is just like a doubletalk
as far as what to load first.
i have read the speakup doc and it appears that it should work
if you have a standard serial port built on to the mother board
things should work out ok
it might not work out if you are using a pci serial card.
so next step is to tell me if you have a device ttyS0
and we can go from there.
randy turner