Announcing Yum Support at the SpeakupModified

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Dec 7 22:29:40 EST 2006

The SpeakupModified Fedora Distribution is pleased to announce support
for package updates using yum. Now you can install and update your
SpeakupModified packages the easy yum way.

To enable the SpeakupModified yum repository, first execute the
following command as root:

rpm -iv http://speakupmodified.org/speakupmodified-release.rpm

This command will install our GPG key and the SpeakupModified repository
configuration files that yum uses. Thereafter, you can use yum to:

*	Upgrade to a Fedora kernel patched with Speakup like this:

yum --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=speakupmodified install kernel

*	Install one of our other rpm packages, lsr for instance, like
*	this:

yum install lsr

--

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.595.7777