debian printer installation

Ned Granic ngranic at cox.net
Sat Dec 9 02:03:32 EST 2006

Hi all,
Is there a..., or a better way to put it, what's the alternative way in Debian to install a lazerjet printer that is on the network through the command line tools rather than through the GUI since I am not able yet to make any GUI screen reader work for me.
As I understand, the standard way would be through the Firefox browser after installing linux drivers.

And, my experience with the make menuconfig for kernel compiling was less than pleasant as far as accessibility goes, so how do you people deal with that one? I thought it should have been accessible 100% with speakup, but ...<stop>.

Many thanks in advance!
Ned