fc6 disk -99 error

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sun Dec 31 16:50:43 EST 2006

Am I right that you get the disk -99 error after first getting another error
message, and the option to reboot or retry?  (It was after doing the retry
that I got it.) If so, was it a message about a missing package?

In my last installation attempt four days ago, I didn't get to the disk -99
point.  Instead, I was told that I probably was out of disk space.  That
seemed a tad unlikely, since I had around 160 gigs of free space on the hard
drive at that point.  That problem could have resulted from the quality of
the CD's, for reasons I won't bore you with, but I thought I'd mention it
anyway.

Depending on how badly I decide I want FC6, I may try the telnet install
Janina suggested last weekend.  At this point, I have GRML 9 on the hard
drive, and I hope to tweak it.

Al