motherboard advice

chuckh at hhs48.com chuckh at hhs48.com
Fri Aug 25 10:59:11 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I hope some of you folks who know more about current hardware stuff than
I do can give me some advice about a new motherboard. I have a support
guy I am talking with about building me a new system, and he is nervous
about recommending a motherboard without knowing if it might be a
problem for Linux. He is going to do some checking, and I promised him
that I would do some too.

He would like to recommend an Intel D-101 motherboard, unless there are
known issues for Linux. Anyone familiar with this choice? Is another
motherboard a better choice?  it has been a bunch of years since I have
bought a new machine  and I am no longer on top of choices.

Also, is there a better sound card choice than the sb-live 16 bit card
that was so popular a while ago, Any experience here would be welcome
too.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Chuck

Only 10 kinds of people: those who do binary, and those who do not.
But you can get a few downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh