(OT) trying to install emacs

Dan Murphy danmint at verizon.net
Mon Sep 19 20:00:50 EDT 2005

Hi all.  I have recently tried to install the current version of emacs,
and I downloaded the rpm package and I'm trying to use slackware's rpm
tool and I get the following error.

/home/mweebyrpm -i emacspeak-22.0-1.i386.rpm
warning: emacspeak-22.0-1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 8a863ea2
error: Failed dependencies:
 	emacs is needed by emacspeak-22.0-1
 	tcl is needed by emacspeak-22.0-1
 	tclx is needed by emacspeak-22.0-1
 	/bin/sh is needed by emacspeak-22.0-1
/home/mweeby
what I don't understand is why it says that tcl, tclx emacs, and the other
packages are needed when I have checked that they are installed.
this is the first time I've used rpm, but I need a little help with this.
thanks.