Installing speakup from CVS

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Fri Oct 14 10:13:03 EDT 2005

Ok, let me see if I can help you out a bit. The .cvspass file should
be an empty file in your home directory. To create it, you simply need
to run the following:

touch $HOME/.cvspass

If you look at this file after having used cvs, you will see that it
in fact isn't empty, but the checkout script and cvs it self as far as
I know, needs an empty .cvspass file in the home directory to begin
with. I know you said you already created a .cvspass file, but I want
to make sure we're on the same page.

I have no idea what the absolute path problem is all about without
seeing the actual message you get, but at a guess, make sure that you
have a /usr/src/linux softlink pointing to your linux source tree,
(I.E. after untaring the kernel source in /usr/src for example, using
linux 2.6.13.4 as an example, do:

ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.6.13.4 /usr/src/linux

)

As for the password, Kirk says that if you want something, you should
nicely ask for it, or something like that, so the password is

please

. Hth.

Greg

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 03:52:43PM +0100, Darragh wrote:
> Yes. You have picked  me up right. The CVS version was just downloaded and
> archived.  I am now trying to patch the kernel with it but I'm running into
> problems.
>
> I do have access to a network connection which is letting me use CVS at the
> moment however the script is not working.  I sent a message about it last
> night. It gives me two errors:
>
> 1. no .cvspass file found so I did some searching and created one:
> 2.  It now says that the script has not passed an absolute pathname. And it
> still thinks the password is wrong.
>
> I would appreciate any help.
>
> Darragh

- --