Pure Frustration!!!

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sat Oct 8 08:11:08 EDT 2005

Hi.

I've never heard of the media player you are using.  Have you tried
alsaplayer, mplayer, zinf, or totem?  All of these support play list
files, so you can set them up to play everything on the file system
(including streams). Mplayer and totem can play Windows media and Real
audio if you have the codecs installed, and you tell totem to use Xime
instead of gstreamer.

What sound card is in the box?  Your problem with no music while using
software speech is probably caused by your sound card not being multi
channel.

I believe you mentioned in an earlier post your job is now in Linux.  If
you hate Linux so much, can I have your job and you can go back to
Windows?

          Kenny