Pure Frustration!!!

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Sat Oct 8 13:47:49 EDT 2005

Actually, a non-multichannel sound card can play multiple sounds
simultaneously by using something like the enhanced sound daemon
(esd). I use esd on my ancient systems all of the time, and am quite
happy with the way it works.  Mplayer can be compiled to support esd,
and other audio players support esd as well.  I listened to the
realtime audio from the last space shuttle mission on my system while
I was using the system for other things (including some things which
produced some sound effects), and had no trouble with the sounds all
playing through my old card at once.  HTH, and have a _great_ day!