chat question revisited?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Wed Oct 5 15:02:47 EDT 2005

Hi all,
since i started this exchange here, I thought I would with a bit of an
update, and a small request.
The company in question, webcrossing, is not only willing to re-event the
wheel, they are asking how.

I again am not talking about messenger services, or irc, or some of the
other chat locations.
webcrossing provides free of chart, a chat client for their customers to
use.
It also supports javascript, I have discovered, but they want to be sure
it include other protocols for greater accessibility.
so,
given I am no programmer, can  those here who are mor expert suggest
standard protocols that should be  included so that more browsers can also
access their chat area?
interestingly enough, everything else works fine, but nothing else
involves Java in any way.
Thanks for your input.
Karen