Required hardware forSpeakup

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Thu Nov 3 00:23:57 EST 2005

    JS> 1.) You cannot, cannot, cannot, cannot install Linux using
    JS> software speech, not Speech Dispatcher's software speech, nor
    JS> anyone else's software speech. Period. End of story.
    >>
    JS> I'm happy to learn how this is done, Jan. One computer only,
    JS> please. Obviously we know you can do it with two computers. But,
    JS> how do you install Linux using software speech using only one
    JS> computer. Please explain.

In Debian:

- apt-get install debootstrap

- debootstrap sarge ./sarge-chroot
- cd ./sarge-chroot
- chroot ./
- aptget install anything what you need, speech-dispatcher, festival,
speakup etc. etc. More man debootstrap

then you can make some new partition on you disk on on other wich you
attached before. You can the bootstrap install direct on other partition
or disk of course.

Have you nice day

--

Jan Buchal