missing Grub entry

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue May 31 14:09:45 EDT 2005

When you install a new kernel, you should now have another kernel in your
/boot/grub/menu.lst file.  The lines you edit start with kernel and at the end
of them should contain speakup_synth=<synth_name> where <synth_name> is your
synthesiser's name.  One amendment to what I just said, the speakup command
should be after the main kernel command  but can be before any drive
optomizations.  You might try typing speakup_synth=<synth_name> afteryour system
beeps during system startup.  Sinse you just installed a new kernel, arrow down
twice when the system beeps, type the speakup_synth=<synth_name> command then
press enter.