missing Grub entry

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue May 31 14:22:53 EDT 2005

Some reading would be a good thing for you.  What happened, is you removed
speakup by choosing the newer non-speakup kernel.  The readme on the sarge
installation iso states speakup speakup_synth=synth_name> (without the <>
symbols and where synth_name is the name of your synthesiser) is the command to
get speakup.  Debian has never used the word text as part of a kernel bootup
parameter with the exception of debian_frontend=text, something which may not
work on every debian-installer image.  If you can show me where this exists in
the linux boot howto or some other source for linux boot parameters, I'd like to
know.  grub vs. lilo is your choice, they both work.