kernel panic after booting with new kernel 2.6.11.9

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Tue May 17 10:51:09 EDT 2005

Hi, I was recompiling a stock kernel because I was wanting to get the
latest version of speakup and alsa to see if my sound card was
supported.  I was wondering once I am on the rescue disk what should I
do to restore the kernel 2.6.10700 in grub.conf what editors are there?
I have named my new kernel vmlinuz could I just make a link between
those two files and remove the bad kernel?  Also, When I am sure
everything is the way I want it if I do rpm -e kernel version I get
failed dependaces and kernel2.4 is needed for this package or another

My web page is at http://www.nickgawronski.com.