Alsa and Intel 810 chipset

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Mon May 16 22:30:42 EDT 2005

To put it bluntly, Zinf is the most bug-ridden piece of junk I've ever
encountered.  Not once have I gotten decent audio from it.  The only file
format that Zinf can supposedly handle that Mplayer can't is shoutcast
streams.  Otherwise, Mplayer handles pretty much anything I throw at it.
BTW, I strongly recommend against leaving out OSS emulation when building
Alsa.  Far too many applications still expect OSS-style support, and
probably will continue to do so for some time.