Alsa and Intel 810 chipset

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon May 16 22:04:51 EDT 2005

Well, I'm running alsa built into the kernel. When I recompiled and took
out the oss entries under alsa and changed from soundcard.pmo to
alsa.pmo, my
output became choppy and kind of with clicking in the background for an
ogg file. Using soundcard.pmo I now get the message about can not open
the audio device, which I imagine would be correct since oss isn't
present. Anybody else had the problem with chopped sound in zinf with
alsa.pmo? If I don't solve this i'll have to put the oss entries under
alsa back in
the kernel and let it run on oss.
Thanks.

So, as in Keith's case, it must still be trying to play through
oss. I'm now re-emerging zinf in gentoo specifically with the alsa USE
flag to see if that makes any difference, though I assumed alsa was
built into the package since I don't see any alsa-plugin in gentoo.