Alsa and Intel 810 chipset

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sat May 14 16:31:32 EDT 2005

I have aoss working, for instance running saytime and ogg123
simultaneously
as Keith did. It wasn't apparently necessary to change anything in my
kernel; I just implemented Keith's file as my .asoundrc. As for zinf, if I
run it by itself not using the oss-wrapper, it still works fine. If I run
it without the oss-wrapper while anything else using aoss or alsa is
running, I
get an error about audio device is busy.
If I try it through
aoss, it appears to run but no sound comes out, maybe because its set up
to run through alsa instead of oss? Don't know if this helps any.

--
Cheryl