Using sftsyn

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 31 17:02:36 EST 2005

Hi.  Your next step is to build your kernel and include support for
softsynth.  The docs you will want to read will depend on how you decide
to go.

Do you want to stick with a 2.4 kernel or move to a 2.6 kernel? Do you
want to build the kernel the way described in the kernel source tree or
do you want to be lazy like me and build it as a Debian package?
Any advantage in upgrading the kernel and as for the second idea is
there any way that one this would help others deebien users if we built
it as a package
And 2 is there any way we might update what we already have on cd so the
newist kernel is included for one and the soft synth is included for
two.
I know what you mean about the more you learn the more you want to
learn.  One of the cool things about Linux is you can usually find docs
to help you do almost anything you want with your computer.
The only problem with all this is there are so many things to read that
you find your self reading more and getting less done.  Also the emount
of docs can be over welming at times.  And the web sights for
downloading the docs can be strange.  Everyone keeps saying I should
read a book called linux in a nut shell.  I wonder how I might go about
getting this book.   Thanks again