Doubts about speakup.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Mar 31 10:08:27 EST 2005

Please consult the Speakup Modified Fedora Installation HOWTO available
at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

The Speakup Modified installation will provide speech support during
your installation, and you will have the opportunity to upgrade your
existing Fedora 2. However, you should be prepared to completely
reinstall should the upgrade process terminate for any reason. In other
words, make sure your data is safe before undertaking any kind of
installation.

If your data is in a partition that you will not be formatting, it will
be safe. For example, if your /home is on a separate partition, this
will be sufficient.

NOTE: Speakup 1.5 cannot be used with Fedora 2 or 3.