The Speakup User's Guide, official release

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Mar 31 09:48:23 EST 2005

Thank you, Gene. I've looked, and I think your changes address my
concerns. I have no problem pointing people to your guide now. In fact,
I'll be issuing a new minor version release just to incorporate a
pointer to the doc. Thanks again.

I do have a different kind of suggestion, though <smile>

You might want to put a version number up top, 1.0, I suppose. It may
not seem like this is so important now, but time marches on, and even
Speakup may work a bit differently two years from now--or whatever. I
suppose usage won't change as much as installation and configuration do,
but I can tell you I've been very glad we numbered our installation
HOWTOs.

The second suggestion is to move, or create a parallel html version of
the doc. I will volunteer to do that, if you like. The point of an html
would be to have a functional Table Of Contents that could quickly show
the topics covered and provide hyperlinks to go directly to that
section.

Just a thought and an offer.

Thanks again for the changes. And you're right, I missed windowing too.
In fact, I think I'll go learn how to use it now! <grin>

					Janina