speakup.s kernel and SCSI disks

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Wed Mar 30 11:31:09 EST 2005

Alex,
Looking at the readme.txt file, it would appear that the adaptec SCSI
cards are not supported by the speakup.s kernel. The kernel you need is
adaptec.s. The standard iso image of Slackware 10.1 does not include
support for Speakup in the adaptec.s kernel. However, if you download my
speakup modified iso image:

ftp://ftp.pcdesk.net/slackware/speakup-modified-10.1

You should be able to boot adaptec.s using speakup with no problems.

Equal causes can produce very unequal effects.
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net
Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7

And so it came to pass that on Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Alex Snow said