speakup.s kernel and SCSI disks

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Wed Mar 30 14:03:28 EST 2005

Hi. I just tried to download that iso from you but the link seems to
be broken. the only directory on ftp.pcdesk.net appears to be
gentoo-portage.
thanks for the help.
On
Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 09:31:09AM -0700, Joseph C. Lininger wrote:
> Alex,
> Looking at the readme.txt file, it would appear that the adaptec SCSI
> cards are not supported by the speakup.s kernel. The kernel you need is
> adaptec.s. The standard iso image of Slackware 10.1 does not include
> support for Speakup in the adaptec.s kernel. However, if you download my
> speakup modified iso image:
>
> ftp://ftp.pcdesk.net/slackware/speakup-modified-10.1
>
> You should be able to boot adaptec.s using speakup with no problems.
>
> Equal causes can produce very unequal effects.
> Joseph C. Lininger
> jbahm at pcdesk.net
> Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7
>
> And so it came to pass that on Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Alex Snow said
>
> >Hi all. I'm trying to install slackware 10.1 on an hp Netserver lx/pro
> >(quad pentium pro/1gb ram/adaptech aha-?? pci ultra-wide SCSI) using
> the
> >speakup.s kernel on the install cd. However when I boot the cd
> speakup.s
> >doesn't find any of the scsi controlers. When It starts the SCSI
> >subsystem I get something to the effect of error executing
> >/sbin/modprobe scsihostadapter. I've had this same problem with
> >slackware 10.0 and 9.1 on a couple of different boxes. does anyone
> know
> >what could be wrong here? is SCSI support broken in this kernel? I
> know
> >the controler is there and working because I could see it when booting
> >tomsrtbt.
> >
> >--
> >"Linux was made by foreign terrorists to take money from true US
> companies
> >like Microsoft." - Some AOL'er.
> >"To this end we dedicate ourselves..." -Don
> >	-- From the sig of "Don", don at cs.byu.edu

LILO, you've got me on my knees!
	-- David Black, dblack at pilot.njin.net, with apologies to Derek and the
Dominos, and Werner Almsberger