speakup.s kernel and SCSI disks

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Mar 29 16:48:59 EST 2005

Hi all. I'm trying to install slackware 10.1 on an hp Netserver lx/pro
(quad pentium pro/1gb ram/adaptech aha-?? pci ultra-wide SCSI) using the
speakup.s kernel on the install cd. However when I boot the cd speakup.s
doesn't find any of the scsi controlers. When It starts the SCSI
subsystem I get something to the effect of error executing
/sbin/modprobe scsihostadapter. I've had this same problem with
slackware 10.0 and 9.1 on a couple of different boxes. does anyone know
what could be wrong here? is SCSI support broken in this kernel? I know
the controler is there and working because I could see it when booting
tomsrtbt.

--
"Linux was made by foreign terrorists to take money from true US companies
like Microsoft." - Some AOL'er.
	-- From the sig of "Don", don at cs.byu.edu