ibm laptops

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Mar 8 14:55:43 EST 2005

Hi all.
Has anyone successfully installed speakup on an ibm thinkpad? I've tried
slackware, debian, and tomsrtbt on my thinkpad 380ed and another older
thinkpad of unknown model (the date on the botom says 1996). Whenever I
try booting I get no speach. I've even tried giving the speakup_ser
option for ports 0 and 1 but nothing. I'm using an artic transport as
the synth.

--
Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the
grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin