Speakup Modified Fedora 4 Will Be Delayed

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at calgary.ca
Mon Jun 27 12:04:17 EDT 2005

No Janina, I did not miss your statement "about not being interested in
debating this topic." For whatever reason, you have never answered my
question about the rpm naming convention.
Instead you have made accusations such as "irrelevant speculation" and
"idle speculation". You have also accuse me of making a lot of work for
you because of your work with the speakup modified fedora howto. Well, I
read the "HOW to Install the Speakup Modified Fedora Distribution" that
is found at:
http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html
And no where in the document do you explain the rpm naming convention.
So, you are not really defending anything when you don't have the
information to defend in the first place.

So, I ask again, only this time a little differently. Please provide the
definitive rpm naming convention, and how fedora is applying it. Perhaps
you can also provide an example after your explanation of the naming
convention where you can use the kernel distributed with fedora core 4.
This will go along way towards eliminate any confusion that I and I am
sure others have, about the kernel shipped with fedora core 4.

I too am not asking for a debate, I am asking for clarification, that
for whatever reason up-and-until you aren't willing to provide.

Steve Dawes
Phone: (403) 268-5527
Email: SDawes at calgary.ca

NOTICE -
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by us. The City of Calgary thanks you for your attention and cooperation.