Lost Insert After Upgrade

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Thu Jun 16 09:35:11 EDT 2005

Hi.

First: Sarge is now stable  It went stable last week.  If you did a
dist-upgrade after an apt-get update, you should have been upgraded to
Sarge.

The Sarge speakup kernel is now 2.4.27.  It uses a version of speakup
2.0 from CVS.  You might consider upgrading to the new kernel.  Several
changes in speakup 2.0 are worth the upgrade.  One in particular is how
speakup handles keymaps.  I would upgrade the kernel-image package
before doing anything else.

The fact you saw 250 packages upgraded says you were upgraded to Sarge.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny