commands

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Wed Jun 1 16:14:07 EDT 2005

Hi.

Like I said, you don't have drives in Linux.  All you have is
directories.
What directory is located on what drive will be determined by
what device is mounted where in the file system.
There ain't no such thing as a drive c in Linux.

As a matter of fact, there is never a time on a Linux system where you
will have a drive c, d, e, a, or any letter.

To answer your question, you specify the path to the file.  If the file
is in the current dir, you don't need a path, just the name.  If it is
in a different dir, include the full path to the file as part of the
name.

          Kenny