default speakup for Debian Sarge

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Sun Jul 31 12:40:58 EDT 2005

Kenny,

There has already been some discussion on debian-users about the grub /
lilo thing in the installer, so I wasn't entirely surprised by that. I
had better bone up on package building and using the make-kpkg command.
I am really liking the Debian world. It has encouraged me to move beyond
pine, lynx, and sendmail, and it is nice to see nano elevated to a
default editor. That little gem has come a long way in recent years,
too. A look at the /etc/nanorc file is a real education.

Chuck

PS: I include your original below, for those with short memories, but
have not put my comments in the middle of it.