An idea,

Kelly Prescott prescott at deltav.org
Wed Jul 27 00:55:06 EDT 2005

hmm, a interesting concept...
The problem is that by the time the x server sees most of the stuff, it is
just screen position renderings.  The server does not have a concept of
letters, characters, etc.
The server knows where you click on a screen, for example, but it just
sends the information to the under lying application which is responsible
for deciding if you have clicked on a button etc.
This is a over simplified explaination, but for our purposes, it will
do...
Bottom line is that what ever toolbox, library, wigit set, rendering app,
or what ever, it must feed the textual information to some interface for
the screen reader to get at it so it can be read.
Hope this helps.
kp