Question about Kernel.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jul 8 08:48:19 EDT 2005

You need the i686 kernel. Do not use the kernel market kernel-smp* as
this is for machines with more than one cpu.

Install as follows:

rpm -iv [kernel.package.name]

You will then need to create an initrd file for your speech synthesizer.
Follow the steps in the Installation HOWTO:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html