pine vs. mutt, revisited

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Sat Jul 2 04:19:02 EDT 2005

Hi Cheryl,

In the pine setup you are right about the use of the fcc field. I did not
mention that I have the "save to a folder" command set up to default to
the user's fcc, so the fcc folder serves both purposes.

In mutt, I am talking about the "save" command which copies a message
from the pager to a folder by typing "s". When I do that, the prompt I
get suggests a folder with user name, and often that is not what I want,
since I want to aggregate a number of users into one folder.

But your suggestion about hooks is a useful pointer. Let me pursue that
one.

Thanks,
Chuck

But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh