pine vs. mutt, revisited

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Fri Jul 1 22:29:05 EDT 2005

Fcc as I understand it is for sent messages, so are you talking about
saving your sent mail in certain files according to the people to whom
messages are sent? My understanding of the fcc field is that it saves
the mail you send to certain recipients in a particular file or box
instead of having them all placed in sent-mail. I didn't think it had
anything to do with users. If you are talking about saving mail you
sent according to groups of recipients, I have the following in my
.muttrc:

fcc-hook .*. "~/Maildir/sent"

I forget what the lines were that had each message being sent to a
mailbox according to the recipient but I took those out. The line
above sends all sent-mail to one folder but I'm sure you could modify
the line above to stipulate a mailbox for saving groups of sent mail
to a certain folder. However, since you mention saving according to user
maybe i'm not understanding what you want to do.

--
Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also."