pine vs. mutt, revisited

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Fri Jul 1 20:59:27 EDT 2005

Here is a pine feature I would like to emulate in mutt, and cannot find
information in the manuals:

In pine, the addressbook has a field called "fcc" which allows
associating a folder name with a user. It permits having the same fcc
folder name for several users, so that folders like "family",
"students", "listinfo", make sense.

In mutt, at least as I have mine presently configured, the default
folder is the user name, and the format of the alias command has no
provision for associating any other folder with the user. Of course I
can backspace over the user name and enter any arbitrary folder name
when saving a message, but I would like to be able for instance to use a
folder like "family" automatically for several users, one named
"students" for another group of users, and so on.

Can that be done in mutt? What do I look for to accomplish that?

Thanks,
Chuck

But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh