Networking

ace ace at talkingirc.com
Sat Jan 15 16:19:47 EST 2005

Hello,

My friend and I are trying to network my Windblows box to my Linux
box.  However, we get these errors whenever trying to modprobe
ipt_conntrack.  I am going to paste our conversation below along with the
error.  If you have any ideas, please let me know.  Thanks!

<fmillion> Here is the error:
<fmillion> root at jingjing:/usr/src/linux-2.6.10# modprobe -v ipt_conntrack
<fmillion> insmod /lib/modules/2.6.10/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack.ko
<fmillion> insmod
/lib/modules/2.6.10/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_conntrack.ko
<fmillion> FATAL: Error inserting ipt_conntrack
(/lib/modules/2.6.10/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_conntrack.ko): Invalid
argument
<fmillion> And, also do note to them, that
<fmillion> After the ip_conntrack module got insmod'ed (NOT the IPT, the
IP), it still didn't show up in lsmod.
<fmillion> You have properly compiled module support into your kernel.
<fmillion> You acn also mention that your system works fine save for the IP
routing;
the netcard works fine for the LAN and the modem works OK for dialup.

Robby

Network Administrator of
irc.talkingirc.com
http://www.talkingirc.com