frustrated

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jan 1 13:31:07 EST 2005

I steered you wrong. I'm sorry.

Try this:

grep -i emu10k [config.filename]

If that comes back with "yes" or "m", then your kernel comes with the
OSS drivers, not ALSA, which would be expected in 2.4 kernels.

There was never a config option for alsa in the kernel. I was wrong.

Next, I suppose the question is do you care? Is the goal to have sound,
or specifically to have alsa sound?