frustrated

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jan 1 13:33:23 EST 2005

Yes, this was my big mistake. Sorry. How soon I've forgotten how things
worked in 2.4 kernels.

Now that my memory is somewhat refreshed, I seem to recall the advice
for people wanting to use alsa was to configure their kernels to turn
sound on, but to compile no devices via the kernel.

I should think doing a typical compilation of alsa-driver, alsa-lib, and
alsa-utils might be a worthy course of action, if alsa is the goal, and
not just any source of sound.