problem is not with Linux but is with verizon dsl

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Aug 29 22:00:59 EDT 2005

The area in St. Mary's county has been experiencing two huge problems both
of which effect all users of verizon dsl abuse no matter what operating
system is on their computers.  First the service is as flakey as it ever
was from when verizon installed all of it, there has been no improvement
whatsoever in that performance.  Second, verizon refuses to admit
anything, they're taking a page right out of Microsoft's play book for
when Microsoft regularly gets caught having infringed on other people's
patents.  Since this bad behavior pattern of verizon's will not change
I'll be for the time being using normal phone lines for older modem
communication and when I can afford it get the cable service restored and
perhaps if the cable company at that time has phone over cable up I might
decide to make verizon take a zero balance on this account into the
future.  They're getting their dsl modem returned.  Earlier today I had
talked with another local subscriber to their service and that's how I
know it's not just me that's having these problems.