Zinf questions

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Thu Aug 25 10:30:04 EDT 2005

The problem is that the text command line interface is not properly
defined in your preferences file, and the Debian cmdline.ui file is
misnamed to something else.  I renamed mine to cmdline.ui, so I can't
remember the original name.

The bottom line is that you need to do something like this.  Change to
the .zinf directory in your home directory.  not the period at the
beginning of the directory name.  In the .zinf directory you'll find a
preferences file.  Edit it with your favorite text editor, and make sure
there is a line in it something like this:

SecondaryUI: cmdline.ui

In my original file, the SecondaryUi entry waws blank.  When you've
finished editing or if necessary adding the SecondaryUi line as shown
above, save the preferences file.

No, as root, go into the /usr/lib/zinf/plugins directory.  do an ls for
*cmd*.  You should find a .ui file with cmd as a part of it's file name.
 Use the cp command to copy this file to cmdline.ui.  Zinf should now
work for you.  Have fun.

Gene