Linux from Scratch

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Mon Aug 22 18:24:29 EDT 2005

Hello,
There should be no problems as far as speakup goes with linux from scratch
as described at www.linuxfromscratch.org. As other users have said there is
gentoo which is a more automated way to do linux from scratch, e.g. it has a
package system that should manage dependancies, scripts to assist with
setting up your system, some patches already applied to some packages, etc.
Also you will not have to patch the kernel with speakup in gentoo, it is
already patched and you just need to enable it when doing the kernel
configuration.
From
Michael Whapples