Speakup & 2.6.12 kernels

Lorenzo Taylor lorenzo at taylor.homelinux.net
Wed Aug 17 21:41:18 EDT 2005

I am trying to patch a 2.6.12 kernel from Debian with Speakup 2.0, which says
that it will work with any 2.6.10 or later kernel..  However, I am getting the
following when I run ./install from the speakup directory:

Patching version v26
Creating .orig files [...............] done.
Patching files [ppppppp1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/Makefile.rej
pppp9 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/char/vt.c.rej
pppp] done.
Copying files [ccccc] done.

I tried using Speakup from CVS with slightly different but very similar results.

Is it safe to go ahead and try compiling the kernel?  Does Speakup just not work
with 2.6.12 kernels?  Or is it a Debian thing since I am using the Debian kernel
sources?

All help appreciated,
Lorenzo
--
Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted before.