Can't boot fedora

Steve Dawes sdawes at telus.net
Wed Aug 17 10:32:02 EDT 2005

Janina,

I am not sure if these are the sections that are being referred to, but it
could be a little confusing to a first time reader. I will enclose what I
believe to be the point of confusion with my initials, SD, to help you
identify and provide feedback.

>From the HowTo that is currently on linux-speakup.org:

Downloading Required Files

The Speakup Modified Fedora Distribution is provided as a set of eight CD
ROM images, called ISO images, on the Speakup Modified Fedora Distribution
Home Page. These are the files whose filenames end in the ".iso" extension.
Only the first four of these eight .iso files are absolutely required to
install the Speakup Modified Fedora Distribution.
SD: In addition, many people will also need either the rescuecd.iso, the
diskboot.img, or ithe boot.iso image to boot the installation. SD>
Be sure that you have a total of about 4.5 gigabytes of free disk space in
the directory to which you're downloading them--should you decide to
download all 8 of them. Remember, you only really need the first four, and
SD: possibly either the rescuecd.iso, the diskboot.img, or the boot.iso
image,  SD>
(and about 2.4 gigabytes of free disk space) for the installation .iso image
files.

Booting the Installation

At long last you are ready to begin installing the Speakup Modified Fedora
distribution. Start a text-based installation with speech by booting your
bootable
flash media device or the CD ROM you created from the boot.iso or rescue CD
image, or by booting the first installation CD ROM disk.

SD: NOTE:If booting the first installation CD ROM doesn't work for you, as
it currently does not in many circumstances, SD>
you'll need to create a boot disk as described in
Downloading Required Files above

SteveSteve

Steve Dawes
Calgary Canada.