speech-dispatcher-0.5 and gcc4 (was: Re: Source tarball for SpeechD-Up available)

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Aug 15 15:58:05 EDT 2005

Thanks, Hynek. This is good news.

I certainly agree that we need moe than just to move to alsa. I
also support moving beyond alsa to jack--but I suspect we need to
build a bit more consensus around that.

The lack of documentation in alsa is troubling all the way around. It's
hard for developers and it's hard for users.

Still, you are giving out very very good news about all of this. Thank
you to you personally, to Brailcom, and to Gary of KTTS for these solid
moves forward. This is exciting.