Slackware packages for software synthesis

Arthur Pirika apirika at orcon.net.nz
Thu Aug 11 01:28:42 EDT 2005

Hi there, I am currently in the process of creating packages for slackware of speech-dispatcher, speechd-up, flite, and libdotconf, as required by speech-dispatcher.
If anyone would be interested in this project, please let me know. My intention is to have it so that a user could just download the set, and just do:
installpkg *.tgz, and have software speech almost instantly.
Of course, if this has already been done, then a pointer would be grate.

While I'm at it, while trying to installl flite, I noted that the make file doesn't seem to honor a destdir, type variable. is this true?
What would be the best way of working round that?
Anyway, feedback on this apreciated!

tia,
Arthur.