Midnight Commander

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Aug 10 17:18:23 EDT 2005

Yeah, if if is not currently installed on your box, look in the
/slackware/ap directory on the install disk #1 for the package.  I'm
pretty sure it  would be there.  I often have to search the different
directories under /slackware/ to find an app I might be interested in.
You could install from a source tar ball too but I took the easy out so
far and went with the package; works fine for me.

Other questions though.  I thought I had the file names fixed in the
display but it looks like that didn't work for me after all.  What I'm
trying to do is get the entire file names to show up in the files
listing instead of them being abbreviated to save space.  I guess I'll
have to really grind down into that lengthy man page to work this out
<sigh>.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 03:53:11AM -0230, Doug Lawlor wrote:
> To start Midnight commander Just type mc at the shell prompt. Make sure you
> have it installed on your system first though. It's been a few years since I
> used slackware so someone more knoledgable can help you with that or better
> yet have a look in the slackware documentation on installing packages.
>
> Doug

- --
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!