curious about nic status message

tony seth lp800 at myfreedombox.com
Tue Aug 9 19:02:30 EDT 2005

Hi all:  I remember when I installed debian on this system before, and
although I didn't keep it and went back to slackware, there was
something I liked but don't know how to get in slackware, but I think
it's possible.  When I was running debian, I have a network cable that
pops out sometimes, and when it took occasion to do this one time, the
system reported that the link was down, and when I put the cable back
in reported that the link was up, and at full duplex etc.  How, if
possible do I get this behavior to occur in slackware, I did see it
during startup, but how do I get it right when it occurs after startup?
Thanks much...
Cheereo!

--
Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info