system locksup wile working in one to many remote sesions in 2 or more virtual consoles

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Wed Aug 10 14:52:36 EDT 2005

Sean,

I had something similar happen here when I had a second machine
connected to my router, and and had a ssh connection from my desktop
system into that second system. It worked great for a while and after
some hours it stopped functioning. The problem turned out to be that the
router had reissued a different dynamic IP address to the second system,
and that broke the ssh connection. I killed the ssh process on the
desktop and restarted it with the new IP address and it worked fine as
before.

Could it be that one of the ends of your setup has been assigned a
dynamic IP address that has changed?

Just a thought.

Chuck

But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh