FC3 for x86_64?

Liz Hare doggene at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 5 21:55:06 EDT 2005

>if you intend to crunch lots of numbers! <grin>

Yup, that's what this <hopefully> speedy new machine is for....

>I feel bad about sending you to FC3 for x86_64. The amount of updating
>following the installation will be truly prodigious.Any reason you
>shouldn't just do FC4?

I thought that there wasn't a speakup-modified FC4 yet.... did I miss
something?

I'm really confused about this process-- I'm installing a whole new Linux,
here, and am not sure how to proceed.  I see that in the directory for FC3
there is a subdirectory for x86_64.  Should I install the regular version
first from the ISO's and then add the rpms in the x86_64 after that?  Or do
I somehow need to create install disks with the x86_64 rpms?

Sorry to be so dense, here....
Liz